Ready to make a move?
Whether you're getting ready to move into one of our rental properties or you're ending your current tenancy, we understand that the moving process often comes with plenty of questions. We've created these checklists to provide guidelines for your move. Please review the information below in preparation and if you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us: 714-625-8500
TrueDoor Property Management wants their tenants to have a smooth move in experience when entering their commercial or residential property. Follow the instructions below and this will assist you in negotiating the stressful task of moving into your new home or office.
- Electricity: Southern California Edison (SCE) 800-655-4555 must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Gas: Southern CA Gas Co. 800-427-2200 must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Water/Sewer/Trash: Call your local city to notify them of the transfer of service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, you may pay by check (made to “TrueDoor Property Management”), or online (see instructions below). You will not be billed or a sent a sent a notice to pay, if the payment is not received by the 5th you will be assessed a late fee as set forth in your lease agreement.
- Keys can be picked up from our office on the day you are authorized to move in
- Emergencies are to be reported to the management company. When you move in please be aware of the location of the water turn off valve (if applicable) and breaker box.
- Move-in Inspection Form is included in this packet. Please fill this out indicating any noticeable damage in the rental and return to us within a week.
Tenant is responsible for the following:
- Yard care (If not mentioned in the lease)/watering (by hand if sprinklers broken) Minor trimming, pruning & weeding beds
- Testing and changing batteries in smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors
- Changing all inoperable light bulbs (60 watt maximum) and fluorescent tubes in easily accessible light fixtures.
- Keep dryer vents & house vents inside & out clean
- Pest control (for details please call the office)
- Inside & outside window cleaning
- Tenant is responsible for all maintenance of water softener and water purification systems (if applicable).
- Drain stoppage (clogging) when caused by tenant. Do not put potato peelings, onion skins, or artichoke trimmings through the disposal. Any other food placed in the disposal should have water run through the drain for at least 10 seconds after grinding. This carries the food out to the main sewer.
- Payment of rent or other charges as determined by lease and addendum.
- Do not use the drop-in cleaners in the tank of the toilet. This will destroy the rubber in the fittings. The type that clip to the bowl edge are best.
- No foreign items are to be flushed away. This includes: baby wipes, tampons, diapers, paper towels, dental floss, clumping kitty litter, etc. these items will clog the drain and you will be charged for the repairs.
This is only a partial list, please refer to your lease and addendums for clarification.
TrueDoor Property Management has an approved vendor list for most of your maintenance and cleaning needs. Please contact our office if you need a referral.
Tenants are required to give a 30 day notice prior to vacating
TrueDoor Property Management wants their tenants to have a smooth transition when moving from one of the properties they manage.
These are the instructions for proper move out. We know you will have a lot to keep track of during this transition. We hope this will make it more clear and organized for you. If you do have any questions, please call us at 714-899-2200.
- An inspection will be done only after all your personal property has been removed and you have cleaned the property. At this time you need to take the keys to the office. We consider you still living at the property until the keys are turned in. Rent will be charged until TrueDoor Property Management receives keys and garage door remote – do NOT leave keys at the property. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER THE PROPERTY AFTER ALL KEYS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO THE OFFICE.
- The better the condition of the property when you leave the faster the deposit can be sent out. You will need to give us your forwarding address to send your deposit refund to. If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for the rent during the remaining term of the lease. However, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
- Remove all trash and personal items from home and yard.
- Clean all appliances thoroughly, including microwave, range hood, etc. Clean sinks, cabinets and drawers.
- The carpeting must be professionally cleaned and receipt turned in with keys.
- Wash non-carpeted floors. Remove stains and marks.
- Wash walls carefully; pay special attention to areas around light switches, hallways doors and baseboards.
- Clean all windows. Secure all screens and remove cobwebs inside and out.
- Make needed repairs to screens and screen doors.
- Clean and disinfect the bathrooms thoroughly.
- Repair or have repaired any damage you or your pets have caused.
- Discontinue your phone services at least 24 hours before vacating.
- If your are responsible for the lawn care: Mow, trim and remove debris from yard.
- Make arrangements to have your trash picked up before you discontinue service.
- Do not place trash and garbage in the recyclable cans, fine may apply.
Use this as a simple check off to remember everything to do
|WALLS Clean Vents __________ Vacuum cobwebs ______ Dust above doors ______ Scrub Walls __________ Baseboards __________||FLOORS Clean Vents ____________ Vacuum all carpets ______ Sweep non carpeted _____ Mop/Scrub Vinyl ________ Clean under Refrigerator__|
|DOORS Clean all knobs _______ Dust _______________ Clean door jamb _____||BATHROOM(s) Sink /tub/shower _______ Toilet ________________ Walls / windows _______ Floors _______________|
|WINDOWS Sills _______________ Blinds _____________ Windows __________ Vacuum Tracking ____||KITCHEN Refrigerator ___________ Stove stop/ burner pans __ Oven _________________ Stove hood ____________ Cabinets in/out _________ Counter tops / sink ______|
Grass mowed __________
Leaves raked & bagged ___
Garden/Beds weede _____
Concrete degreased _____
Lights working _________
Trash hauled off ________
Do not leave bags at the rental
|MISC Clean all Light Fixtures ___ Sweep Porch’s _________ Sweep Garage _________ Sliding Glass Door_______ Sweep Laundry ________ Smoke Detectors & Batteries ______|